You will be expected to work on major, established businesses, as well as entrepreneurial start ups. The successful candidate must be a confident self-starter and comfortable in an agency environment.
Main requirements for this role are:
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a communications agency or in-house environment, preferably in the financial services sector
- Excellent creative writing skills with strong grammatical knowledge
- Established journalist and industry contacts: must be prepared to network
- A proven ability to secure press coverage and raise the profile of individuals and companies
- Proactive and enthusiastic in approach; able to put ideas into practice and roll up their sleeves to manage accounts at all levels
- Hard working and committed to delivering superior client service
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and develop strong relationships with clients and journalists
- Good IT skills and knowledge of social media
- Understanding and experience of content and thought leadership campaigns
- Experience of working on integrated marketing communications campaigns, ideally with blue chip companies
- Confident phone manner
- Strong understanding of the products and issues in financial services
- To assist with all media and stakeholder relations
- Work within the Professional & Financial services team to achieve agreed client objectives
- Build and manage relationships with journalists and other stakeholders
- To support the Professional & Financial services team meet its commercial objectives
- Degree or equivalent qualification
In addition to individuals with PR experience, we would also be willing to consider someone with a background in journalism.
Salary dependent on experience, with benefits package including health insurance, gym membership, travel insurance, life assurance, zones 1-3 travel allowance and 30 days’ annual leave.
New business commission payable on retainers equivalent to 5% over 4 years. Annual bonuses payable in the event that individual and team budgets are met.
If this is of interest, please contact Vanessa Chance, Account Director, Redleaf Communications email@example.com.